Osho

Osho

Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card

I've read it before, and doubtless I'll read it again. This time I read it because a friend wanted to read and discuss it. My observations this time around:

• The foreshadowing is reasonably strong if you know what's coming, both in the book and later in the series.
  • The giant (and how it appears later in the book and series) is still wonderful.
  • I'm convinced that young Card was sexually abused by a male peer, perhaps a relative, and that this accounts for the repeated appearance of this threat or slightly homoerotic violent trope in a great many of his works, and perhaps that this explains his vituperative stance on LGBT rights. It's only a speculation, but do watch for this undercurrent in his oeuvre.