Osho

Osho

Finding Sustainable Livelihoods: A Case Study from Peam Krasaop Wildlife Sanctuary (PKWS), Koh Kong Province, Kingdom of Cambodia - Nim Vantha,  Ven Virak,  Sok Sotheavy This monograph gives case examples of communities where mangrove deforestation for charcoal production, plus non-sustainable fishing techniques, have placed those communities at ecological and economic risk. A number of interventions are described, including education and training, use of more sustainable techniques (some of which work better than others at trial), and broader community development concerns such as drinking water and schools. A good case study that highlights the interconnectedness of multiple development efforts and considerations.