Osho

Osho

Some Modern Poetry from the Solomon Islands - Albert Wendt Solomon Islands.Albert Wendt (author of [i:]Leaves of the Banyan Tree,[/i:] which I haven't yet read) edited this collection. All but four of the poems are by Celestine Kulagoe; the remaining four each represent an author. All appear to be male. Including poems from cultural to political, the collection begins and ends with poems addressing the nuclear tests on local atolls. It is interesting to compare work by different poets from the same area, and I would have liked a broader representation of writers.