Osho

Osho

Burmese Days - George Orwell Wry and a bit overblown with thickly-strewn symbolism. A lot of the action related to the mores and manners of British colonial culture looks silly from the current perspective, and is already faintly ridiculous to Orwell. It is interesting and useful to see that keeping and saving face matters as much to the British as to the Burmese. Flory's penultimate action is histrionic and does not ring true. It seems to be driven more by the plot than by Flory's previously-described actions and character.