Osho

Osho

The English Patient - Michael Ondaatje The first of two books featuring a burned man with a mysterious, plot-twisting identity I happened to read simultaneously in some weird kismet-y thing. I never saw the film, and this was so much better than anyone led me to believe that I must now a) re-evaluate everything I've ever been told; and b) read everything by Ondaatje that I haven't already. The complaints I'd heard were that "it's boring" and "nothing happens," neither of which were my experience of it. I did think the parallelism, symbolism, and complementary aspects of characters and actions were pretty obvious and overblown, but I didn't find that this detracted from my enjoyment. I kept thinking, "If they made a film of this, I'll bet they'd...," so I suppose I'll have to see if they did.