Osho

Osho

Hawai'i's Invasive Species: A Guide to Invasive Plants and Animals in the Hawaiian Islands (Hawaii Biological Survey Handbook) - George W. Staples, Robert H. Cowie While enjoying the wait to have my juror number called so that I could be dismissed during voir dire (what with the being a psychologist and the relative of a police officer and a person who works pretty directly with state laws and all), I finally was able to read this field guide, which I picked up last December at the Bishop Museum in Honolulu. Staples and Cowie provide useful (if ultimately repetitive) introductory material on invasive species introduced intentionally and unintentionally to the Hawaiian Islands, beginning with the period of Polynesian settlement. They then cover the most common problematic mammals, fish, insects, crustaceans, mollusks, other invertebrates, and plants, providing a more comprehensive overview than many field guides. Good color photos illustrate throughout.