Osho

Osho

The Significance of Referral Systems as a Response to Human Trafficking and Unsafe Migration - Asian Development Bank This monograph describes ideal referral systems for use in trafficking situations, describing the infrastructure needed (such as trusted police officers, not just police officers) for complex prevention and intervention to function adequately. This includes identifying vulnerabilities to trafficking while also asserting that the major problem is that there are traffickers. That there is a market for trafficked people is less-well articulated.It extends their potential utility to the arena of migration, arguing that an adequate referral network targeted to potential migrants would decrease trafficking by decreasing vulnerability, thus serving as a preventive mechanism.Read with Somaly Mam's The Road of Lost Innocence: The True Story of a Cambodian Heroine for a good illustration of why trustworthy referral networks would be an excellent idea.