Osho

Osho

Tunisian Mosaics: Treasures from Roman Africa - Aicha Ben Abed Tunisia.An attractive and interesting overview of Tunisian mosaics, which are elaborate and extensive. Many of the mosaics pictured are at the Bardo Museum in Tunis, while others are at other museums in Tunisia or are still in situ. This guide provides the history of mosaic work in North Africa, and the history of Roman and post-Roman Tunisia in which the mosaics were made. It also describes the styles and themes of many pieces and is copiously illustrated. What you won't find here is a detailed history of mosaic-making in general, or much discussion of technique. I didn't miss it, and suspect most readers won't either.