Osho

Osho

The Imaginary Poets - Alan Michael Parker While "master poets" is a stretch for some in this collection, the idea here is a fun one. Have established poet invent a poet, "translate" a poem, give a brief biographical sketch, and provide a critical analysis in relation to that poet's oeuvre. Having at one time handwritten, transcribed, and commented on a "lost" Shakespearean sonnet, the last phrase of which was, if I remember correctly, "'neath cerise-spingled* skies (*'spangled')", I thought this was a wonderful idea for an anthology. Some of the entries are better than others--more dryly humorous, more earnest, more engaged with questions of translation and language. Some were so dry as to be simply unfunny. Generally, though, if you like the idea, you'll probably like the book.