Osho

Osho

The Lacuna - Barbara Kingsolver Read as an audiobook narrated by the author. The story revolves around a number of empty centers, much like illumination around a manuscript page. Many events and elements recur usefully and enjoyably. The tone shifts at about Book 4 in a set of writings, mostly news articles, that struck a sour note and seemed hollow in a bad way. A tone of false jocularity jarringly appeared at times. The tightening scrutiny of HUAC was realistically unpleasant and difficult for me to listen to in the lead-up to this election season. The conclusion was satisfying. I'd enjoy reading it again now to appreciate how the pieces fit together.