Osho

Osho

Ulysses - James Joyce It was okay.Just kidding, it was pretty good, though if I read it again in another 27 years, it will be as an audiobook. A paean, or treatise, or both, about greatness in the mundane and mundanity in the great. Perhaps best read as a murmur from the Jungian collective unconscious or a hallucination with smoke, mirrors, and your drunk old da reciting Latin doggerel. While there is abundant opportunity to go trolling for classical and other sources and referents, I suggest reading for illusion rather than allusion. If I were Ezra Pound, I'd say that it should stand on its own for a reader who is not familiar with its symbolism and parallels to other texts, instead enjoying the music and the incantatory language, as if one were a mind reader skimming the mental ephemera and effluvia of a large, tipsy parade of revelers.