Osho

Osho

Saving Fish from Drowning - Amy Tan While not Tan's best, this was an enjoyable and relatively quick read. The narrator is the ghost of a woman who died shortly before she was to have lead a tour group to Burma. The group decides to go anyway but immediately begins changing her itinerary. The ghost follows them as their deviations put them in greater and greater danger. The narrative voice wavers at times, but Tan's use of this frame allows her to make observations and jokes that require a non-omniscient and sometimes politically incorrect voice. I found the novel sometimes poignant and often funny, in a ratio opposite of my usual reading of Tan.