Osho

Osho

People of the Book - Geraldine Brooks A very enjoyable novel about the history of the Haggadah of Sarajevo. The frame involves the expert on antiquarian book conservation; though this part of the story is less interesting in some ways, it is a pleasure to "watch" her work and thereby learn about this field. The heart of the book is constructed of short narratives that relate to the evidence found in the Haggadah (for example, a stain) and explain the book's history and travels. I especially appreciated the voyeuristic pleasure of knowing more about the Haggadah's story than the protagonist ever can.