Osho

Osho

The Mysteries of Pittsburgh - Michael Chabon An enjoyable early novel from Chabon. I enjoyed his language while in some moods finding it over the top. For example: "As she moved her hands and head in the still light evening, talking about herself, the pearls seemed to string and restring themselves on the invisible thread of her gestures" (p. 75). In some moods I admire this and in others it tires me. Throughout, I thought of Gatsby and wondered if this were a re-telling with variations. After reading other reviews, I think this perspective is substantiated, so first read The Great Gatsby, then this.