Osho

Osho

Treasured and Delicious Icelandic Recipes - Guðleif Fríður Sigurjónsdóttir So my friend says she's excited because she's going to Iceland. And by the way, what do I want for my birthday. It should be obvious that the answer is "an Icelandic cookbook." Fascinating not only for its old photos, but also for its dearth of vegetables and fruits, Treasured and Delicious Icelandic Recipes inspires me to learn more about Icelandic vitamin deficiencies. My friend Mrs. Medscape helpfully instructs, "The term scurvy is derived from the Nordic word skyrbjugr, meaning swelling or edema. It has also been suggested that the term is derived from the Old Icelandic words skyrbugr, scarby, or skurvic." My other friend Mrs. Google shows me that "Olde World® Icelandic Cod Liver Oil" is available in "Lemon Mint Flavor," though judging by the recipes in this slim yet suicide-inducing cookbook, there is no such thing as lemon or mint, and you'll damn well take your cod liver oil unadorned, with a fish and a pancake, and you'll be glad for it. But enough about me. I could see making some of these recipes, though I might have to be quite hungry to appreciate them. On to [b:Delicious Iceland - Special edition|6230832|Delicious Iceland - Special edition (Tales of Unique Northern Delicacies)|Volundur Snaer Volundarson|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41I2V7jeOzL._SL75_.jpg|6413435]. That's right, she sent me two cookbooks. My friend loves me more than your friend loves you. Onward to the singed sheep head.