Osho

Osho

Delicious Iceland - Special edition (Tales of Unique Northern Delicacies) - Volundur Snaer Volundarson I am delighted by Delicious Iceland, and relieved to know that my aspic of ram testicles, potatoes, and turnips is indeed authentic. I do prefer to cook with objects of the same general shape and size. (For discussion of related matters, see my comments on the Doctrine of Signatures at my review of Jacobs's The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment). I don't anticipate preparing rot-cured shark any time soon, but a person never knows when the urge will strike. Ale and smoked eel sounds like a reasonable compromise between Völundarson's gustatory proclivities and my gourmandish propensities. The illustrating photos are beautiful, many of the dishes seem edible, and the interspresed stories are fun. I confess myself surprised by the lack of cardamom, but perhaps it is a Swedish abomination.