Osho

Osho

For All the Tea in China: How England Stole the World's Favorite Drink and Changed History - Sarah Rose This history seemed scant compared to what I was expecting as the norm in the history/natural history/biography genre, though it had its moments. Overall, it was more biographical and much less informational than I hoped for. I would have been reasonably happy changing my expectations, but I'm surprised and annoyed that so little of the book was devoted to the legal and philosophical context that made it seem legitimate to steal another country's proprietary secrets, particularly those on which a great portion of its livelihood depended, or on the implications of such policies. Since this behavior persists, it seems useful and topical to deliberate more, and I was disappointed at what short shrift it received.