Osho

Osho

HIV/AIDS in Rural Botswana - Poverty, Gender Inequality, Marginalization, and Stigma - Seiko Watanabe A fine monograph on HIV/AIDS in Northern Botswana. Specifically, the author gives background for and reports on the results of her qualitative study of HIV knowledge, cultural knowledge, and other factors among the San and other indigenous minority groups of the Okavango Panhandle. She conveys her findings clearly, raises broader questions about poverty and gender inequality, and situates herself within her discourse. A refreshing piece of work.