Osho

Osho

Aya - Marguerite Abouet, Clément Oubrerie An enjoyable graphic novel that follows Aya, a teen in Ivory Coast, and her friends. It has an initial light feel that becomes more grim, as well as less-overt representation of problematic societal themes, such as corruption and the commodification of women. The teens are realistically portrayed, the action moves alone, and the graphics are colorful and have a lot of motion. I tend to prefer graphic novels that have the same author/illustrator, but this was a pleasing example of a collaboration. I'd like to read the others in this series as well.