Osho

Osho

Know Your Poisonous Plants: Poisonous Plants Found in Field and Garden - William Roberts James,  Arla Lippsmeyer (Illustrator),  J. Carroll Reiners (Illustrator) This useful handbook of the early 1970's features useful descriptions and line drawings of poisonous plants, most of which can be found in my yard, though I swear I didn't landscape with this in mind. I take some exception to the inclusion of marijuana, which though psychoactive does not cause rashes, convulsions, or death as do so many plants. (Please note that there is no marijuana in my garden.) My used copy was helpfully annotated by the previous owner, generally in regard to livestock, e.g., for poisonous hemlock, "giVE CNS STIMULENT (DO PRAM) TANNIC ACId (i.e. INSTANT TEA) HELP PRECIPITATE OUT MERK VET MAN NO HELP" and for larkspur, "TREATMENT: DO NOT EXCITE RELIEVE BLOAT". These cures and anodynes please me at least as much as the handbook.