Osho

Osho

100 Birds to See Before You Die - David  Chandler, Dominic Couzens Big format with big photos make this a browsing pleasure. The text (one page per bird) varies from interesting and engaging to repetitive and jocularly anthropomorphically sexist. There are a few in-page editorial errors (for example, "elicit" when "illicit" is intended), and some overall continuity problems (for example, a page defining "lek" after leks have been referenced a number of times). Some descriptions end with weak and repetitive filler text to round out a full page. B+ for text, A for photos.I've seen 8 and hope to pick up a 9th that's not rare but is location-specific in 2012.