Osho

Osho

In Papua New Guinea (Picador Books) - CHRISTINA DODWELL Papua New Guinea. Like Rita Golden Gelman, the author of Tales of a Female Nomad: Living at Large in the World, Christina Dodwell is some combination of adventurous, naive, lucky, and skillful. This narrative of her two years in Papua New Guinea provide evidence for all of these interpretations. I enjoyed Dodwell's descriptions and musings and have a much better on-the-ground sense of the country than I often have after reading travel memoirs. On the other hand, I was more consistently alarmed than usual. It might have helped to have a better sense of Dodwell's thoughts and emotions, but this is the least revealed aspect of the book.