Osho

Osho

The Unheard: A Memoir of Deafness and Africa - Josh Swiller Zambia. A problematic but potentially useful memoir. Swiller recounts his time in Zambia, where as a Peace Corps volunteer he appears to have violated ethical principles, flouted standards of cultural sensitivity and appropriateness, and generally been a cowboy. That Swiller is deaf raises interesting questions about intersections of disability, identity, and behavior issues. I say that the book is "useful" because I may teach with it in a service-related ethics class.