Osho

Osho

Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse #1) - Charlaine Harris My Recovery from Ulysses fluff. The tone didn't work for me, though the story was entertaining enough and I enjoyed pretending I was her lawyer preparing the plagiarism suit against Stephenie Meyer. Something kept nagging at me, though--I knew Sookie Stackhouse; I'd met her before. As I was falling asleep it hit me like a stack of, well, like something stacked. Sookie is Little Annie Fanny! If you don't know what I'm talking about, just move along quietly and let the old people gossip about Harvey Kurtzman's classic Playboy cartoon, laughably tame by the standard set afterward by R. Crumb and later by everyone. Like Sookie, Little Annie Fanny was a naive, buxom lass who never quite understood her sexual appeal and hence, like Sookie, was rubbed up against, gnawed on, sniffed, &c. by a variety of dog- and/or pig-like men unable to resist her charms enough not to assault her. Am I right? What do I win?