Osho

Osho

The Fault in Our Stars - John Green,  Kate Rudd I think of John Green's teens as the children who, later in history, will be snapped up by Orson Scott Card's Battle School. They're linguistically and cognitively precocious in a way that I enjoy and find (usually) convincing. Here, the subjects are cancer and loss, conveyed empathically but without excessive sentimentality. In a refreshing departure from many contemporary female protagonists (*cough* Bella, *cough* Katniss), Hazel, while ambivalent about her romantic interest, actually thinks about and attempts to untangle the reasons for her emotions.