Osho

Osho

The History of Mary Prince - Mary Prince, Sara Salih Bermuda [British overseas territory].The Penguin Classics edition includes multiple related texts and explanations, making it easier to put Mary Price's narrative of her slavery in the West Indies and surrounding islands into context. Importantly, this narrative is mediated by the transcriber/editor and there is a reasonable amount of discussion of how that mediation may have shaped the way the story was told in order to serve abolitionist ends. Prince's story is usefully compared to other narratives by slaves, and notes and appendices fill in a bigger picture.