Osho

Osho

Report from Practically Nowhere - John Sack A very engaging and amusing travelogue of Sack's visits to a good handful of tiny autononous or contested regions, some of which (like Monaco) are still states, others of which have become more firmly linked to a larger state, and some such as Swat (which I have known from an early age due to Lear's poem that begins, "Who, or why, or which, or what, is the Akond of SWAT?") that have been functionally absorbed. Most of these teensy principalities come off looking rather absurd through Sack's choice of detail. Wikipedia's entry on the book includes links to the micro-countries described for one's historical and contemporaneous delectation. I conclude this review with a photo of Lundy's half-puffin coin, which I find profoundly engaging: