Osho

Osho

The Spiral Staircase: My Climb Out of Darkness - Karen Armstrong A memoir of Armstrong's post-convent years, evidently a retelling of that time, which she originally wrote about in a less-honest and less-dark way, perhaps while still absorbed in the events she narrates. In addition to the challenges of finding her place and losing her religion, Armstrong suffered from undiagnosed epilepsy that was interpreted psychologically rather than physiologically. Her clear description of these events makes this not only an excellent coming of age story, but a fine description of misdiagnosis of psychological masquerade as well.