Osho

Osho

Eighty Days: Nellie Bly and Elizabeth Bisland's History-Making Race Around the World - Matthew Goodman Nellie Bly, a sort of proto-Plympton journalist, convinces her editor to send her around the world in better than 80 days. Not to be outdone, a rival editor sent Elizabeth Bisland on the same journey, in the opposite direction. Eighty Days tells each woman's story as well as her trip around the world. I didn't know that Bly had pulled off journalistic feats such as getting herself committed and writing about the experience, so now I have more reading to do. Goodman brings both a contemporaneous perspective and a contemporary commentary to both women's adventures.