Osho

Osho

In the Company of Cheerful Ladies - Alexander McCall Smith Not quite twee, but cloying, with tedious dialogue. The first incident is never resolved, and is never really investigated, even observationally. What size and brand were the pants? Worn or new? Clean or dirty? That's a lot of information to ignore, and "Oh, they weren't Charlie's" is a limp resolution. The author does address my earlier criticism that character-related issues disappear, but still only references a character's depression, for example, without this mattering at all to the story. I'm still enjoying the descriptions of Botswana and Lisette Lecat's narration, but the series is growing stale.