Osho

Osho

Escape from "Special" - Miss Lasko-Gross

An interesting graphic novel/autobiography (or, perhaps, graphic short story/short "essay"). It's more disjointed than many, but I found that this storytelling/storyshowing style underscored the protagonist's cognitive differences and evoked in the reader a similar frustration about communication. I would think that many kids who were seen as weird or different by others, while seeing themselves as unique but not extraordinarily weird, would empathize with her. In some ways, this is "Suzuki Beane Goes to School (And How Other Children and Schools Destroy One's Spirit)."