Osho

Osho

Zoe's Tale

Zoe's Tale - John Scalzi Retells the story of [b:The Last Colony|88071|The Last Colony (Old Man's War, #3)|John Scalzi|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1312021759s/88071.jpg|18279847] from Zoe's point of view. This allowed Scalzi to clean up some missing or too-implicit information from that book, but unlike Bean's stories of [b:Ender|375802|Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1)|Orson Scott Card|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1316636769s/375802.jpg|2422333] from a different perspective, where I admired Card's ability to build a story behind and supporting Ender's, I didn't feel like Zoe's voice or position added much to my experience of John and Jane's. Throughout, I had a sense of déjà vu rather than of revelation or deeper understanding. I did learn more about Zoe, and there was some entertainment to be had in learning how she went about obtaining what the colony needed in its fight against destruction, but I might have preferred that as a short story rather than a novel.