Osho

Osho

The Graveyard Book

The Graveyard Book - A very pleasing tale built on the premise that it takes a graveyard to raise a child. A baby's family is murdered and only he escapes. Named "Nobody Owens" by the denizens of the graveyard into which he toddles, he is brought up by, and learns from, ghosts and other creatures. Though the plot initially appears picaresque, a sort of "Nobody's Adventures with Dead People and Things," the key elements ultimately are brought together well. Gaiman's usual cleverness with words and ideas is quite evident, and the story is more moving than a summary would suggest. This is a denser and better-constructed story than Coraline.